Wednesday, December 18, 2013

That nasty drink...

So I had to go to my Dr. appt today and do that awful 1 hour glucose tolerance test. That drink is absolutely horrible! It makes me cringe still just thinking about it and I've been done for hours. Hopefully one day they will come up with a better way to check for gestational diabetes because this is torture. Here's to hoping I pass so I don't have to do the 3 hour test.


I am officially 28 weeks and 3 days! Well over half way there and counting down the weeks until I can meet this little guy. We still do not have a name for the little doober yet as me and my husband just can't agree on one. I've picked out about 20 names and he doesn't like any of them. I started to pick on him about it saying he was just waiting for me to still be sedated after getting my tubes tied so that I would agree with whatever he said. 

I have also only gained 18 lbs this pregnancy (so far) so I am quite proud of that fact as I usually blow up like a balloon as soon as the test comes out positive. I did make some changes to my diet this time around though which might have helped. I started to eat healthier before I even knew I was pregnant and just kept that habit up and do not give in to (all) my cravings as they get pretty wild and random. 

I'm going to keep this one short as I am being called to watch Curious George by my 3 yr old. It's the little things that make me the happiest. 

Happy reading y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment