Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What's your passion?

Everyone has a passion, some people have more than one. Your passion can de
scribe you or just entertain you in your free time. I don't have a whole lot of free time between working full time, my 2 kids, husband, 2 dogs and now 3 cats as ours just had kittens. What I have learned to do is have my kids join in. Now this may not be feasible for everyone depending on what your passion(s) is.

For me I can bring my kids in on at least 2 of my passions. I got the kids into tae bo, yoga and beating on the Wavemaster. At first it was not easy my 9 yr old is uncoordinated and was too self conscious at first even though we werep
 in our living room. After a few weeks she fell in love with it and is now the one asking if we can put the DVD's in. My 2 yr old is very active already so tae bo was great for him, however yoga took a couple months ago for him.

My other passions are reading, writing and running. I can devour entire books in a day if I had the time. I read everything, I don't think there is an author or genre I will not try at least once. My bookshelves have everything from Dickens to E.L. James on them. I currently started writing a novel. I've written poetry since I was in 5th grade and was even published online, but I want to write a book people will love. I'm not saying it's going to be the next great american novel but something people will enjoy reading and hopefully not want to put down.

I love to run. It calms me down and I feel so much happier when I'm done. I've done some 5K's and this year would like to add an 8 and 10K in as well. I don't get to run everyday so when I do get the chance I take full advantage of it. I have a running bucket list with races I want to do including a color me rad, warrior run and a marathon.

So those are my passions, what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment