Monday, June 6, 2016

Why music is important to me

Not many people know this about me but for about the past 6 years I've had depression and anxiety. Its not everyday and can be totally random. I could be having fun doing something and then bam anxiety attack or I'll just wake up depressed with no reason as to why. 


I've tried meds, they make me a zombie. I've tried natural remedies and that was one of the reasons I started this blog in the first place. What I have found that works for me is music. I love music whether it be just listening, playing (I play the violin) or watching videos. Music makes me feel and makes me happy.

Music especially helps since not all my anxiety attacks are "classic" looking. I usually don't rock back and forth or cry. Most of the time I'll just stare blankly in space. Luckily I've only had one this year so far but it was out of the blue while I was at work and knocked me on my ass. One minute I was walking out of a residents room the next I couldn't breathe, was sitting on the floor, staring off into god knows what and uncontrollably crying. I've only cried during 2 other attacks. 

I listen to all types of music. Mostly country but everything else as well. Here are some YouTube suggestions and the ones I use when I get "that feeling". Thomas Rhett, Brantley Gilbert, Jacob John, Sam Hunt, Imagine Dragons, Meghan Trainor, Pink, Eminem, John Mellancamp, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert, Sugar land or Jennifer Nettles, Florida Georgia Line, Brett Eldridge, D.N.C.E, Skrizzly Adams.

I hope this helps someone else out there and if anyone ever has any questions or needs someone to talk to I'm always here. 

2 comments:

  1. Here are some sites I found useful:
    http://everydayroots.com/depression-remedies
    http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/natural-herbal-remedies

    I hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look into them, thanks mom :-)

    ReplyDelete