Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lessons my parents taught me

As I've gotten older I realize that my parents taught me some important lessons that I actually remembered! Who would have thought that anything really stuck in there with all my eye rolling, yeah yeah's and generally just not listening like every other teenager. Maybe they stuck because they started teaching them so early. These are some of them:
             1) Do it right the first time around.
             2) Have pride in yourself and everything you do no matter how big or small it is.
             3) Never be the person who started the fight but always defend yourself.
             4) Always keep your house clean, you never know who could stop over.
             5) Always treat people like you want to be treated.
             6) Always use your manners and respect your elders. Yes Ma'am and No Sir are never wrong to use.
             7) Never forget where you came from or how you got to where you are today.
             8) Blood is thicker than water, when it boils down to it your family will always be there.
             9) Be the kind of person your kids would be proud to call Mom.
             10) Live life to the fullest and regret nothing that you did.

These are just the first 10 that popped into my head. I have to give my parents credit, I was definitely not the easiest kid to raise and I always did the opposite of what they said, but I think I turned out pretty good. These will be lessons I also pass down to my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment