Thursday, February 14, 2013

The beginning...

This will be the first post in my journey, I am starting as far back as I can remember so bear with me...

As a kid I actually had it pretty good. We never starved or went without stuff we needed. Our parents would go without before we would. There is 5 of us in all, mom, dad, sister and brother. We were spaced kinda far apart with me being the oldest. Me and my sister are 5 1/2 years apart and me and my brother 7 1/2 years apart.

I was 5 1/2 when my sister came into the picture. By then I was pretty set in my ways of having everyones attention so the thought of a sibling did NOT appeal to me at all. When I was asked if I wanted a brother or a sister I said I wanted a brother... and was told that is what I was getting a baby brother. Imagine my surprise while I was staying at my aunt and uncles when they called to tell me I had a little sister. I hung up on my mom and refused to speak to my dad when he came to see me. I was as mad as a 5 year old could get. The result that day I got to ride a prize bull and shoot a rifle to put it simply I was in 7th heaven. Once she was home completely different story but more on that later.

At 7 1/2 I finally was used to my sister and had stopped trying to sell her to random people and ended up with a baby brother. I got used to him a lot quicker probably because a brother was what I wanted in the first place. Don't get me wrong tjere was still plenty of fighting especially since he seemed to be a freaking genius.

Through this though while not always being the best of situations my parents did whatever was needed to take care of us while giving us each attention trying to be equal about it. Was it always equal... no but I was alright with it...MOST of the time.

So I am going to end this one and pick up at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment