Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My dream job

If I was ever asked what my dream job was it would be A stay at home Mom and Wife. I have worked since I was 14 doing everything from babysitting, U.S. Army, waitressing, bartending and nursing. I have missed almost everything with my daughter who is almost 10 and only seen my sons first steps because he happened to do it on Labor Day and the office was closed so I was home. I love my job as a nurse and I love helping other people, but I would like to become more involved with my kids lives and be able to actively help with fundraising for NF research.

I envy the moms that get to stay home everyday and have special moments with their kids on a daily basis and be more active with them. I want to be the one raising my kids and baking delicious treats for them and cooking gourmet dinners for my family. I don't understand how some of these truly lucky women who stay home and squander the time they have with their families by arguing with their spouses and yelling at their children.

I would choose to be like my mother who was a stay at home mom when we were growing up. My mom never missed a school project, had cookies baking year round, did our homework with us, made homemade snacks for us to take to schools and so much more. I never thought I'd say it but today I would be like my mom and be with my kids, she had the right idea back then.

Hopefully one day before it's too late I too will have my dream job and no longer miss out on anything big or small I want to be there for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment