Thursday, July 4, 2013

You never realize

You never truly realize anything until it is either gone or you do not do it anymore. I knew I was a strong person, I've been through quite a bit in my 30 years; however, I did not realize I was this strong until we lost our house and moved in with my mom and stepdad for the next 6 weeks. I missed 3 days of work in the process of packing and putting all our stuff in storage and going to my moms house but we did it. And in a couple of weeks we will be starting a whole new life in a new state and this time we have vowed it will be better. I'm going to ask my mom to make a budget for us to strictly follow as my husband has a movie fetish and while I have a hard time buying things for myself I do love books way more than I should and then we also have the kids that neither of us can completely say no too.

I also took having my mom 30 minutes away for granted. Now that we are staying with her and Kevin and know that we are on limited time we are both trying to work and spend as much time together as possible. We don't know when exactly we will see each other again. I'm hoping it will be Christmas, but I don't know.

There is a saying that someone once told me," If you couldn't get through it God would not have brought you to it". After all our recent struggles I've come to firmly believe this. He would not put me and my husband through all of this if we could not have made it through it and come out better and stronger in the end.

I have learned that I still learn new things about myself on a daily basis. I have come out of this not unscathed. I have learned that I can be stronger than I thought I was, that the overwhelming love I have for my husband, kids and family can get stronger each day and that no matter what we will prevail and come out of it. You do need more than love but that is a great part of it. I have fallen more in love with my husband after all this started, which may sound odd considering all the details I have shared but he truly is a great man who put me and the kids best interests first and rather than get another apartment where we are decided the best option for us was to start a new life in the South.



 
 
 
 
 
 
Images from Google

No comments:

Post a Comment